Friday, February 10, 2012

A Place Called Blessing



A Place Called Blessing
       Where Hurting Ends and Love Begins
             By John Trent with Annette Smith

I really enjoyed this book.The book is so rich in characters. I felt that I met the whole entire town! This was a wonderful book. It really ministered to me at a difficult time in my life. I loved it so much. It was well written and full of God's love. 

Many books in this particular genre are fairly predictable, and while this one was to some extent, there were many twists and turns that I didn't expect and I found myself sneaking a few minutes whenever I could to read.


This redemption shows up through several characters in the book. A lot of characters are thrown at the reader in the first chapter, but quickly sorted out. I did, however, struggle some to get attached to many of the characters. I feel it took a long time for me to trust. I loved this book and had a hard time putting it down. It has faith, love, some mild suspense and even a surprise ending.  The author did a wonderful job!  As you read you will want to cry, yell, give advice, and cheer. A book that will have your emotions changing from one scene to the next as you read. I really enjoyed the book and would recommend it to anyone that likes to read Christian fiction.

A great book to read with the lessons of love, forgiveness, and trust written throughout the pages. The author did a great job writing a story that is down-to-earth and practical. The circumstances surrounding the plot could happen to anyone. The lessons are practical for everyone. This book is beautifully written, and I really enjoyed reading it. It is very inspiring and touching, and it brought tears to my eyes. The main idea is simply about always putting your faith in the Lord and let Him lead you in the decisions you make.  I would highly recommend this book.
I loved this book...and think you will, too. As a result, I was able to savor every morsel. 

I usually choose Christian Fiction because there is a purity to the relationships, though the characters are flawed and real.
Though this book is labeled as Christian Fiction and had many references to Christianity, there are several parts of this book regarding the intimacy, that read slightly like a mainstream romance novel.

I got a free copy of this through Booksneeze! Thank you! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites